Tuesday, August 21, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten

Ready for his first day of Kindergarten. To make a day of it we went to the new local McDonald's, with indoor playground, for lunch to celebrate. Then headed to school. He has been so excited to start at his "new school". Well the day finally came and every night he asks me if he gets to go back. I think he likes it.
McKay has had a little bit of a rough start. Each day his teacher, Mrs. Kirch, gives out colored slips based on their behavior for the day. If you ask my kids: Green = Happy, Yellow = Time Out or Little Trouble, Red= Big Trouble. So far he is Green:2 Yellow:3 Red:1. I know he'll get the hang of it eventually.



















Showing off his new Spiderman notebook. His teacher thinks it is important that the kids work on grownup things. So he got to pick out his own lined paper notebook. Ellie had to get one as well . . . of course.















Ellie was feeling left out of the photo session. So we snapped one of her. This is Ellie on McKay's first day of Kindergarten.















McKay and Ellie playing on the Kindergarten playground.
































In front of his classroom door.















At 12:35, 5 minutes till class, Mrs. Kirch opens the door and all the students line up.


Enjoy your first day McKay! You have quite a few more years of school to go.

3 comments:

Holly said...

And for my last comment: (I promise I will start leaving you alone!) He is a big boy at a big school now. I can't believe that day is here already. It makes me realize I need to slow down and enjoy my kids more.

Anonymous said...

I can't belive my oldest grandson is going to kindergarten. It seems like yesterday that he was just a baby. Oh how quickly time goes by. He is so handsome and looks so old and mature. Give him hugs and kisses from Grandma Sherrie.

Kensie said...

OH they are so cute. They are so big!