Friday, September 28, 2007

French Braids

Ellie with her first set of french braids.
Now most of you are probably thinking "What's the big deal?" It's a big deal for me because I barely ever got french braids as a girl.
My mom tried but she never really got the hang of it. If I wanted braids I had to wake up 45 minutes early . . . so I learned how to do it to myself in like 3rd grade. I never mastered the "around the world" braid on myself that I so often admired on my friend Rosie.
So here is to many years of french braids whenever my girl wants them. And thanks to you mom for making me learn how.



5 comments:

A and L said...

I bet Ellie loved those! I still don't know how to around the world braid either. Practice on Ellie for me.

Anonymous said...

Mandy, that first picture looks so much like you. She is absolutely beautiful. I'm so impressed with your great talent.

Holly said...

The braids look fabulous! Her hair is getting so long.

I have a friend who has mastered every kind of braid if you ever need tips.

Kensie said...

Holy Cow her hair is so long. She looks so stinkin cute

grow and co. said...

Finally! You're grateful to me for the hardship of having to do your own hair. Thank goodness you learned so well because Ellie looks fantastic! Maybe when Ellie gets to 3rd grade you can fake amnesia and she'll learn how to French braid her own hair. Love you. Grandma Judy