
Last Sunday we went to the Monmouth Park Horse races. Come to find out, this horse track has a lot of history, with many jockeys winning major horse races here. It was really cold that day, but we had a lot of fun.

This is the winning horse with the Jockey. Once the race was over the winning horse and Jockey get a picture with the owner and his family. After the picture the Jockey has to go and stand on a scale to be weighed. I guess this is to make sure that they
aren't cheating and that he is in the right weight class.

There wasn't a lot of people there as you can see in the back ground, but they were all beating.

Justin
Bankhead, me, Jared
Kalama and Taylor Dames. I'm holding the ticket, but I didn't bet, it was the ticket that lost Jared $10.

This is like the Hall of Flags at
UVU. This where everyone hangs out, places bets and enjoys a hot dog and a cold beer. There were so many people betting. All of the banners hanging up behind me are of winning
jockeys and the years that they won here at Monmouth Parks.

Before all the horses race, they walk the horses down this parade route. It allows people to see the horses and
the jockeys and I guess it helps them decide on who they are going to place money on. The kids would have really liked this. Plan on going to one when you come out.

I'm not really a horse guy, but these horses are beautiful.

Underneath the Monmouth Park it states that this is the home of the $1,000,000 Haskell Invitational on August 2
nd. We might just have to come out to this race and see it we can finish the summer out strong.
2 comments:
How exciting to go to the horse races. I've never had that opportunity, I think it would be such a thrill to see all those gorgeous horses. I'm glad your getting around to see some of the sites of New Jersey and New York.
Keep up the good work Ryan.
Love, MOM
How much fun was that?
I am so jealous, I have always wanted to go to a horse race.
You look great Ry, I love you and hope all is well.
Post a Comment