Wednesday, July 15, 2009

4th of July

Since we were not in Provo for the Freedom Festival parade we decided to put on one of our own. The men had to work the 4th so all the moms got together and decorated our kids bikes and scooters to put on a little kids parade for the dads before they headed out for the day. It was very unorganized and chaotic. Once it started it only took about 30 seconds for all the kids to go down the sidewalk. It was still one of the highlights of the day for my kids.



After the parade the kids and I decided to go explore the festivities going on down on the boardwalk. Of course the kids wanted to get their faces painted. This is one thing I loved doing as a kid so I will usually let them do it. This time it was the worst $10 I ever spent. Nothing like the swirly flower face masks I used to love.

They still loved it though.



On the boardwalk there was plenty of food and handcrafts for sale. We choose to spend our time at the kids pirate comedian show. I'm surprised both my kids walked away with dry pants they loved it that much.

That night the whole APX group had a BBQ and then headed down to the beach for the fireworks. Evenings on the beach are one of my favorite times. I love watching the kids play in the sand and surf while the sky changes color in the background.





The firework display was surprisingly good. It was also fun to look down the shore line and see all the different fireworks in the distance. Afterwards we just took the short walk back to our apartment and snickered as we looked out at all the people stuck in traffic.

5 comments:

Grandma Sherrie said...

We missed you all for the 4th of July, but it looks like you made it very special for the kids. I loved the picture of the beach at sunset, it was absolutely spectacular. I miss everyone so much. Love, Grandma Sherrie

Annie said...

What cute pictures! Looks like you guys are having so much fun.

Kelly Spence said...

You take some fun pictures. I enjoyed going back and looking at some older posts.
Glad you liked the video on my blg. The reason I like to watch it over and over it so watch McKay's face. He looks like he sniffs real quick then smiles for the camera so or something. Did you notice that?

nickandwhit said...

Sounds like you guys had a fun day! Love the pictures miss you love you and can't wait to see you :)

A and L said...

we would have loved to have you guys here for the 4th. the parade and everything would have been so much more fun with kids around.