Tuesday, July 5, 2011

4th of July

This year the 4th was spread across the whole long weekend. Normally in Utah the big celebrations are held on Saturday only if the 4th falls on a Sunday. This year the 4th was Monday but the Stadium of Fire was still held Saturday night anyway, so the fireworks were on a different day than the parade. Just meant more parties for us.

We started out our Saturday, July 2nd, with a family breakfast at Guru's for my dad's birthday. In typically David style he was so late he almost missed his own breakfast.
Later that day we headed up to Hill's for some pool time then down to Wyatt and Courtney's for their annual "Tiny House" party. They put on quite the production!


This is how we role Utah style!
Introducing our babies to beer before their first birthday, root beer that is.
Hazel loved it! Thanks a lot Grandpa David!

Clara, Poppy, and McKay being patriotic with their flags and loving the hammock.

Grandma Judy, McKay, Poppy, and Lindsay

After Wyatt & Courtney's it was time to head down to our front row seats for the firework show.
The fireworks are always great on the lawn of the Super 8!!
My family has been going there every year for as long as I can remember.

Ellie, Mom, Clara, and McKay

I figured Hazel was not quite old enough to enjoy the show so she got to have a sleepover with Grandma Sherrie.

Me and my main man!!

We had a great time at the fireworks. They are always my favorite part of the holiday, well that and all the great BBQs.

Grandma Judy and Hazel at the parade

Sunday night after my dads birthday dinner Aaron Catano was thoughtful enough to carry on the tradition with my kids of camping out on the parade route to save our spot. Ryan did that with them last year and they were still talking about it. Only the two oldest, McKay and Ellie, were allowed to go.

Clara with her sprite

Our spot was great and the kids had a great time camping.
THANK YOU UNCLE AARON!

Hazel and I enjoying the parade.
She was a trooper and pretty cheerful throughout even though by the time the parade ended and we got home she was two hours past her nap.

I'm pretty sure that while one of the kids, probably Clara, was playing with my phone they erased the rest of my 4th pictures. I'm sick about it!! This handsome guy above got to close the parade by firing the cannon and I lost that picture. He was so proud and I know Ryan would have been too! Also on the afternoon of the 4th we went up to Hill's for a 4th of July/McKensie's birthday BBQ and after we took all the red, white, and blue balloons to Eastlawn and sent them off to Ryan. I lost all of those great pictures as well. That's what I get for taking all the pictures on my phone. Luckily Jeff and Sherrie were there with their trusty camera for both and I'll just have to get pictures from them.

All in all though a great weekend filled with family!
We love you America!!

4 comments:

Annie said...

So glad you posted these pictures. And now that you're back to blogging it looks like I probably need to join. Miss every single one of you guys!

A and L said...

i love love the picture when mckay decided to come wrap his arms around us. it's so sweet and so mckay.

i'll see if aaron has any campout pics he can send your way.

Mama Judy said...

We love the 4th of July!!! So happy we can share it together. Keep those beautiful pictures coming. I love all these people!!

Grandma Sherrie said...

Mandy, I have pictures of Aaron, Ellie,Mckay and Jackson getting ready for the sleep over to save places for everyone at the parade. Also of Mckay shooting off the cannon and letting off the balloons at the cemetary. It was a memorable 4th.