Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Apple Hill

Although it was a month ago, I still wanted to post about our trip to Apple Hill.
Apple Hill is on the California side of the Sierra Mountains. It's a collection of 50 apple orchards that you can visit. They sell everything apple, they also have craft booths, pumpkin patches, horse rides, train rides, petting zoos and fishing ponds.

Ellie atop a HUGE pumpkin.

Our darling Clara!

She was such a trooper all day. She is not used to being on the go so much, but she stayed happy all day.

Ellie loving her pony ride.

McKay is quite a timid soul. I was surprised that he wanted to ride the ponies, and even more surprised by how much he loved it.






The train ride was the kids highlight of the day.

We rode it once and then had to stick around to watch it 4 times.

McKay even raced it, and won by a long shot. It was a slow train.













We tried a few family pictures throughout the day. None really turned out. This was the best we got.






McKay and Ellie loved the petting zoo.





Dad and Clara



Ellie's beautiful butterfly mask face paint.









McKay choose a Dinosaur.






After the kids were done the face painting lady asked me to sit down. I couldn't really say no but it came off as soon as we were in the car.
The perfect peaceful ending to a wonderful day.











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I guess you guy's won't have to buy a dog after all. I think a pony is just the ticket for your sweet little family. I loved all the great activities the kid's were able to enjoy and dear little Clara is amazing to me how good she is. We miss having you here.

Holly said...

What a fun day! I love the pictures, you did a great job.

Isn't it nice when they fall asleep in the car after a really long day? I am always glad when they give in, as long as it is in this situation.