Monday, January 21, 2008

Goodbye Reno

We have been gone for over a month now but I still had to give a shout out to Reno.
When we were first given the opportunity to move I wasn't so sure about it. We were living in Vegas at the time, I was pregnant with Ellie, and our house was weeks away from completion. Well, we made the move and I'm so glad we did. Reno was such a wonderful home to us. The city is great, it's big enough but small enough at the same time. The best part about Reno though, and the part that we will miss the most, was the people. It would not have been home without the friends that we made. Our friends were our family.
Reno, thanks for the good run. It was good while it lasted and you will be missed.

Me and Ellie on the last night that we slept in our house.

This picture was taken at the top of our stairs. It's so great because when I first told the kids that we were going to move Ellie was very concerned about our stairs. She said "But mom what about our stairs? Are we going to have stairs? And the carpet. Are we going to have the same carpet?"

The stairs weren't her only concern. She also said she would miss our dishwasher, and her pink walls in her room. She still misses her pink walls. She was talking about them yesterday. Poor girl, she is stuck with tan.

Me and Ryan standing in our empty family room after a long days work.

We had picked up the truck that morning and worked all day long packing up. By this point the house was empty and we were heading to a hotel for a good nights sleep before the all day drive the next day.

The crew.

Thanks to both of our moms that came out and worked so hard to help us.

Sherrie working away.

I didn't realize that this was going to be the part of the house that I would miss the most. Our fabulous bathroom and closet. Two separate sinks, separate vanity, garden tub, huge shower with double shower heads, and spacious walk in closet. Oh, I miss you!

The drive the next day with the moving truck and two trailers went well, long but good. We made it to our new home and are feeling settled and sometimes a little homesick for Reno.


2 comments:

Holly said...

You did have a fabulous bathroom!

Aren't you glad all that cleaning is behind you? It was fun to look through these posts and get more of a glimpse into your Reno life outside of phone calls.

Anonymous said...

I too got emotional when we were packing and cleaning knowing we would not have to drive that long drive to and from
Reno anymore. But we always had so much fun and have lots of great memories of Reno. Best of all I'm so thankful that you are here and can come over for Sunday dinners, and to play and spend time together.