Since school has been back in session for a few weeks I better at least post about the kids first day.
McKay was so ready to go back to school. He had a long summer without friends and he was ready to be back surrounded by his friends again. I was a little worried about the transition to all day in first grade, but he has loved it and done great. He got a great teacher, Mrs. Rocha, and I already know it's going to be a wonderful year for him. He has just
transformed lately! He is so grown up and confident.

With his friend Addison at the bus stop at our corner.

He had a good first day!

Ellie didn't start until a week after McKay. Don't worry though, she had her outfit picked out
waaay before that. I indulged her and curled her hair for the first day and she was feeling pretty cute.

She was a little nervous about the first day.

Clara wished she was going to go too. Everyday she puts on her backpack just like big sister to make the trek down the street.

As the bus pulled up she grabbed onto me. I gave her a hug, reassured her she would do great, and sent her off on the bus. She came home from school feeling like a pop star. She already knew a handful of kids in her class from before and now everyday she can't wait to go.
3 comments:
I love all of you so much!!! I know that both of you are going to great things with school. I'm so proud of both of you and look forward to the dad day. Love you.
It's amazing how much McKay changed over the summer. He seems so grown up. I'm so glad he loves school and going all day that is such a tough transition. I got to visit with Ellie before going to school and she looked darling and was so anxious. We have such beautiful grandkids and are so blessed to watch them grow and change. Before you know it Clara will be catching the bus. Love you all so much. Grandma Sherrie
so cute! I'm glad they both love school- isn't is so weird to have one at home?
Post a Comment