Saturday, September 12, 2009

New York City Trip

We decided to take the kids to New York City to go and see some of the sites before we left New Jersey for the summer. We drove into Staten Island to take the Ferry to NYC, at the Ferry Station they had two really big fish tanks that the kids where getting a kick out of all the fish inside.


On the Ferry ride over to NYC we passed by the Statue of Liberty. It was really cool. McKay and Ellie were so excited to see the big lady. I think they really liked riding on the Ferry the most though. It was a little overcast going into the city, but it was really cool.

Had to get a picture with the kids and lady liberty in the background.

It is so weird for me to look at the NYC skyline and not see the twin towers. The last time I saw them was with Mandy in August the month before they went down. I love this city!

The kids loved the subway. We saw a rat down in the train tracks as we were waiting for our train to come. It was so hot down in the subways and when you have to wait for the train for a couple of minutes you feel like you can't breath most of the time.

Dad and Clara riding on the subway.

Once we came out of the subway it was raining, of course we didn't come prepared for rain, so we where running from cover to cover on the streets to avoid the rain as much as possible. Mandy actually broke one of her sandals from walking in the rain and had to go and buy another pair.
We finally made it to our destination: The Natural History Museum. We where totally soaked and the kids where miserable. Clara was the lucky one to be in the stroller with a rain jacket over her. After we arrived the kids where so excited to be there as you can tell from McKay and Ellie's faces in front of the giraffe exhibit.

The family in front a bunch of African elephants.

Dad and Clara

McKay and Ellie in front of the gorilla exhibit.


Ellie loved the big Brontosaurs if you can't tell. We couldn't get the entire dino in the picture, but you get the idea.


Triceratops one of the kids favorites.

Dad wanted some pictures with his favorite girls.


I thought this was a cool looking dino, I don't know the name, but wouldn't it be cool to have a pet like this guy? You wouldn't need a security system:)

Luckily it stopped raining by the time we finished looking through the museum. We had to get a picture in front of Teddy Roosevelt. Again Ellie goofing off.

Getting some ice pops after the museum.

After ice cream we went across the street to Central Park. We wanted to get one more picture of the museum with the exhibit banners and Teddy.

Two of my three favorite girls Mom and Clara walking through Central Park.

There was a really neat wood bridge in the park that Clara loved.

Down in the Subways again waiting for our train to take us to the four story Toys R Us in Time Square.

McKay and Ellie in Time Square.

I think this was a great idea. The city has turned one section of Time Square into a lounging place for people to just sit around and talk.


We finally made it to Toys R Us. This place was huge. First thing you saw when you walked in was a ferris wheel. I got a kick out of that. They had four stories of toys it was pretty cool. The first stop was up stairs by T. Rex from Jurassic Park. It was mechanical and moved from side to side. It even growled at you, the kids loved it.

Friendly Spiderman flying high above.

Optomis Prime was there as well.

Toys R Us had a huge Lego section that McKay loved. It must have taken hours to put all of these large land marks of NYC together. It was really cool. I'm glad McKay didn't want me to build him that. Behind the Statue of Liberty there was a boys selling hot dogs with his dog. I got a kick out of everything.


Had to take a picture of this. The kids love to watch the movie.

I almost bought this guy for me. It was a miniature scale of the really Batman. Don't worry I refrained from buying it and just took a picture.


More lego figures.

Superman was there to save us as well. Way to go big guy!

I tried to get multiple pictures of Mandy and the kids on the ferris wheel, but the only one that really turned out was this of Clara. She is so stink'n cute!

On the Ferry ride back to the car to drive home. The kids are looking outside at the Statue of Liberty.

The next week after the trip with the kids Mandy and I went to New York by ourselves. Of course we had to start out the day shopping. After that we had the opportunity to go to Wicked the Broadway musical. It was AMAZING!!!




They said no photos during the musical, but I thought the stage was wicked! The flying dragon above the stage was mechanical as well and puffed out steam during some scenes.

It was a great musical and I strongly recommend anyone who has the opportunity to go, GO. After Wicked we meet up with Matt Burton, Mandy's cousin, who lives in New York. We went down to Little Italy for some good food.

We were so close to the city we should have taken advantage more often, but I'm glad we got in a few trips before we had to leave. I hope to go back real soon.

1 comment:

mom said...

I really loved all the pictures!!! I love your little family so much and love seeing the amazing day you all had in NYC. I'm so glad you and Mandy were able to see Wicked, it's so incredible.
Love, MOM